Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Helm Book? That's Right. The Helm Book!

I realize it's been quite a while since I've blogged anything on the Helm website! It's not that I haven't been thinking about and working on Helm stuff. For instance...

Mathew Blurdy has continued to make and post his Chewbacca mashups and occasional songs for his MasterBeast epic rock opera album--which is coming along slowly because you can't rush art. He and the Helm have posted the occasional movie, book or TV show review on the Flaming Sword page whenever they can take enough time off from battling evil to see something and write about it. And of course, the Helm has been very active on social media after discovering it was possible to use his telekinetic and psychic abilities to post directly to sites like Facebook and Twitter.

Also, although I was initially forbidden to blog about it, there was a very interesting period where The Helm was being pitched to movie studios--which didn't pan out, unfortunately--and then there was an even more interesting period where the story was actually turned into a feature film script by a couple of actual Hollywood movie writers who've written actual movies that have actually been made and that you've probably actually either heard of or even actually seen (although I still can't say who). And it was funny. But after some initial excitement, that didn't pan out either.

So, there have been some things going on, just not much that was bloggable for various reasons.

Except now there is. I'm about to start writing a book about The Helm. Not a graphic novel book but a book book.

"Why would you do that when it's already a graphic novel?" you may ask yourself. Well, I just finished writing a fantasy novel (more on that later) and I enjoyed it so much that I started thinking of writing another, and the thing is that I have a bunch more Helm stories that continue the tale of Mathew Blurdy and his misadventures with the magical helmet that hates his guts. 

So, you heard it here first. I'll keep you posted on the progress and maybe even put up a page on the website where you can read chapters as I write them. Let me know what you think of the idea.

Jim 

No comments: