Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The North Face and the South Butt


My new South Butt jacket came today. Haven't heard of the South Butt? They're the guys who are being sued by the North Face becasue they just took the North Face logo, turned it upside down and started their own company. They're kind of the opposite of the North Face. Where North Face says "Never stop exploring," The South Butt counters with "Never stop relaxing." That is my philosophy in a nutt shell--which is where I like to keep my philosophy.
I love the South Butt. But, like I said, they are getting sued by the North Face. In general, the suit has been pretty good for South Butt's business, but the very real possibility exists that they could get sued out of business. They are currently looking for supporters in court, so go to their site http://www.thesouthbutt.com and check it out to see what you can do. In the meantime, you might consider writing to North Face and letting them know that it makes them look really uncool to be suing young Jimmy Winkelmann, founder of the South Butt. I know Haiti is kind of a priority right now, but we can't let the South Butt, and young Jimmy, slip through the cracks.

No comments: