Monday, January 25, 2010

The Rutles

I've been listening to the Rutles again lately and I've got to say that there is some really exceptional music on All You Need Is Cash. In particular, the song I Cannot Stay Another Day is just a great song all the way around. It really takes some musical crafting to include the word pusillanimous in a song and have it work both lyrically and intellectually.

Double Back Alley is also an exceptional song, not just as a Beatles parody, but in it's own right. The Rutles were/are geniuses. I feel like starting a Rutles tribute band. Maybe I could call it the Buttles. We could cover both Rutles songs and Beatles songs. That would be something.

Anyway, if you've never checked out the Rutles--either their albums or their fake-u-mentary, you should. Follow this here link: http://www.rutles.org/ it will be well worth your time. And that's not even my opinion. That's a fact. You can find that in the bible.

Okay, enough. I have to go watch Chuck. New episode tonight and I've got it on my PVR/DDR/TIVO/whatever they're calling hard disk recorders these days.

No comments: